Work has been completely SLAMMED and my mother’s computer is still down, so I haven’t been on much. I’m still kicking, though.
Archive for November, 2007
I was tagged by Stevo for this meme, so I thought I’d give it a try…
Here are 7 random facts about me:
1) Though I have been a vegetarian for 9 years, I occasionally still miss ham, bacon, and pepperoni. The meatless substitutes can not compare to the real thing, except for the meatless ham cold cuts.
3)I participated in Hands Across America. I was 9 years old.
4)I can still recite the McDonald’s menu from the record that came in the newspaper in the mid ’80s. They had commercials with the munu-song, too.
5) I am pretty sure I have Dyscalculia. Because of this, when I go to a familiar place, it feels like somebody has moved everything. For example: every day, on the way to work, it feels like someone has moved all the buildings around.
6) Last time I had my vision checked, it was 20/17 in one eye and 20/20 in the other. This was a slight deterioration from the 20/15 20/17 vision I had years earlier.
7)Though my eyesight is sharp, my hearing is probably around 75%. I was supposed to have surgery as a child to correct this, but I refused.
Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
Post these rules on your blog.
List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself.
Tag seven random [?] people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting on comment on their blog.
So here’s some stuff to look at in my absence:
Mountain Goats-Woke Up New:
Mountain Goats-This Year:
A Nancy Grace Blooper (Warning: Contains douchebaggery):
They Might Be Giants-Ana Ng
OK…I’ve heard of the school of the americas. I’ve heard that they do a lot of black ops training and whatnot, but I never knew if that was urban myth or fact. Because of this, I really don’t know too much about this story
Still, I wanted to start the week with a Kucinich mention. So there.
…I just have no convenient inturwebs!
As you may know, I have no internet connection at home, relying on my mother’s internet and time at work to post. Well, work has gotten so busy that there is no time to post, and my mother’s computer is dead. Because of this, I’ll be on when I can, but you’ll see less of me this week.
I’m not quitting the blog or anything, so nobody panic. *Looks around, sees that, indeed, no one is panicking.*
Well, he won the Buzzflash Wings of Justice Award, anyway. He got it for pissing both parties off by trying to bring impeachment charges against Dick Cheney.
Welcome, class, to your second semester of mixtapology. I’m your professor, Dr. Jay “Jazzbo” Nova.
Today’s text is the 1st mixtape I made for the otter. The songlisting, besides the bookends, reflects the progress of our relationship:
Such Great Heights-The Postal Service
We’re Going to be Friends-The White Stripes
Is It Wicked Not to Care?-Belle and Sebastian
Wrapped up in Books-Belle and Sebastian
Sorry or Please-Kings of Convenience
true Love Waits-Radiohead
The Ship Song-Nick Cave
Glass Hotel-Robyn Hitchcock
More Adventurous-Rilo Kiley
Beautiful Girl-Robyn Hitchcock
Moon River-Nan Vernon
Two of Us-Aimee Mann and Michael Penn
Such Great Heights-Iron & Wine
Ok…here’s what I have going on:
1) The script I wrote for the cartoon is in Portugal, being animated at this very moment. The production sketches look awesome.
2)I will be writing a few more scripts for the same company soon. This makes me happy.
3) I hope to work on that comic script I posted part of earlier. Tonight, I’ll try to get through the next scene, so I can post it here.
On fridays, I participate in “Studio Sessions,” in which I facilitate a discussion amongst several students at a time about their papers. In these sessions, I’m supposed to decenralize my authority and express a degree of “peerness.” I’ve been told by my boss now that I can wear jeans on fridays, to look less authoritative. My boss is impressing upon my that I should use the right to wear jeans.
This kind of reminds me of when I worked at Blockbuster. There, they would have sales contests where the winner would get to wear jeans. My coworkers would bust their asses to win, so they could earn the coveted Right To Wear Jeans ™. I never understood this.
Let me let you in on a few secrets:
1) I work for pride. I work for money. Sometimes, I’ll work for fame. I never work for denim privilages.
2) At home, sometimes, I wear jeans without doing anything to deserve it. Shhhhhhhhh!
And a coward. You may remember that in the comments of the last installment of STHULD;YAI!, I said that I only get to watch Lou Dobbs Tonight while I work out. Well, guess what! The very next week, Lou switched his time to 7PM EST! I can’t watch him now!
You can run, but you can’t hide! Lou Dobbs, you maginficent bastard…I READ YOUR TRANSCRIPTS!!!